Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Time to Settle Down


Have you noticed how the days are getting shorter? A few times Bruce and I have gone to bed around 9; I told him if it was December it would have been dark for hours, it wouldn't feel so early!

Now I have to settle down into some sort of routine. Because I've spent the last two months just fooling around this may prove difficult. I've committed to Tuesday and Saturday mornings at the reception desk at the museum. This photograph is the view through one of the gallery windows out into the sculpture gardens. There are probably twenty or so sculptures on the two acre grounds; it's a really beautiful setting on Lake Osceola. The opening reception for the current exhibit is unfortunately on a Wednesday evening when I have class. They serve food and wine. Bummer. I'm also taking on the responsibility for e-mailing people about an upcoming show in December to feature red hats. More as we go along.

Film is tomorrow evening and I've already read one of the required readings however with my poor memory I'll have to read it again tomorrow so it will be fresh. We will be watching Un Chien Andulu-a Spanish silent film by I forgot who + Salvador Dali. It promises to be weird.

A ringing telephone while you are sleeping is never a good sign. 5:45 this morning the phone rang. Bruce had already left and it was Delta calling (really a weird automated voice) with news that his flight was delayed. Because Bruce is almost a three million miler I figured he'd handle it as he was already at the airport. About fifteen minutes later it rang again--same deal. Boo hiss. Oh well, at least I wasn't the one at the airport that early.

As you probably know Florida State lost big time. We had to go to bed because of the early flight but I'd already seen enough. It was terribly painful to watch our once glorious football team look like high school players. Maybe next week. I got an e-mail from Alissa during the game regarding her photos from Chicago. She said Jonathan was screaming at the tv--I can only imagine.

1 comment:

e said...

Sorry about the team, though I can't really relate.

And yes, I have noticed the days are shorter. Especially when I get up at 5am to go running...

So This is Springtime