Saturday, October 6, 2007

Baldwin Park


I am way tired tonight, but it is a good tired. What a good day we had today at Baldwin Park. I am very grateful for friends and family that came out. As well, Bruce and David manned the booth together while I was doing my museum duty. Apparently they turned on the charm with the visitors in my absence. It is super exciting because today I sold more than I would in about six weeks at the market. We began the day thinking we would keep track of what we sold in my little book. I did record the first sale which actually came about a half hour before it officially opened. That's all there is in the book. In fact, I've almost no idea what sold, but lots. It is easy to get discouraged when you are not selling but this should encourage me for quite a while to come.

BTW--the weather was great. There were massive thunderstorms all week including over night last night but after a very gray start this morning there were only a few sprinkles which were welcome when it was hot.

I'm off to bed now because the market comes early. I wish I could stay up and watch the football game, but I think I've about worn myself out. I'm grateful for those of you who have encouraged me along this crazy journey.

4 comments:

e said...

You go, girl!

Amaya said...

Congratulations on breaking your record.

Anonymous said...

Who did your booth design? It is so cool and professional.

Gail Peck said...

Thank you--my husband made the backdrop. He insisted we have a wall so people could imagine it hanging in their home. He picked up the easels at Sam Flax, the tent and tables are from Costco. I just made the cloths last week. He will be delighted when I tell him about your comment.

A Low Level of Anxiety