Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wisdom is Better Than Strength


This photo is from inside Knowles Chapel on the Rollins College campus. As some of you know, Bill and Dave graduated Rollins with Economic degrees. It is a beautiful campus; one of the prettiest places in Central Florida. It was my intention to continue on at Rollins in the night school (it's way too expensive in the day) but, at this point, I think I may take a semester off to evaluate my next move.

I'm drowning in school work. I spent most of my museum time reading about Middle Ages and Renaissance music today. Consequently, I was prepared to take the online quiz which I did after I ate dinner. I have to watch the film Breathless and read several criticisms before the response is due on Friday. As well, I'm working on my informative speech. I am going to demonstrate how to make a vegan chocolate cake. Now I'm assuming that I can do the demonstration and speak at the same time, as I certainly have had practice doing two things as once as a mother, but we'll see. I'm mulling over the script at present. My plan is to take a glass bowl and the ingredients--mix them there and pour into pan. Prior to class I will be making mini-cupcakes to hand out. That will be Thursday's job.

I just noticed while looking at my bulletin board that a Radiology continuing education seminar is scheduled for Saturday morning. I need to keep going to those to keep up my license. I'll have to work out something with Karen at the museum so I can attend. I'm glad I saw it as I'd forgotten all about it. I am terrible with dates anymore. I do know what day it is, but usually I forget the date. As such, I forgot to mention that October 27th was my sister Nancy's 50th birthday--Happy belated Nancy.

Here's what I can keep straight:
Monday--little market
Tuesday--museum
Wednesday--film class
Thursday--NOTHING/online music class is what I should schedule here
Friday--clean house, laundry and speech class--usually date with Bruce
Saturday--museum
Sunday--downtown market

Of course, I have to have time to take,edit and order pictures. I am just thrilled that I can do this stuff--last year at this time it would have been impossible. It is 9 o'clock and pouring. We have been having unseasonable rains which is getting old. Please go alleviate a drought somewhere, will you?

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Heh. You know I can relate to that rain sentiment. It's very foggy here today but it seems rather appropriate since it's Halloween.
I think a sabbatical from school sounds appropriate. You've been going full-steam for a while and deserve a break. Plus, maybe it'll give you time to re-evaluate your goals.

A Week Ago Tuesday