Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Almost Official


The finals are over, I'm through--at least with my two year degree. I was so thrilled when I finished the test that I wanted to talk to someone. I called Dave, he said--can I call you back without hearing my news. I called Jonathan, it just rang, however, he did call me back and I got to share with him. I had already assumed that Bruce was in meetings, but when it was possible I called to thank him. As you know it was his idea, and of course his earnings that allowed me to do so. He congratulated me saying it was our money. I can't tell you how glad I am to be done. The first year was exciting, and different--the second when I got sick has been a real chore. My work life was always tightly scheduled; I had a full slate of patients each day and that was that. On occasion there were follow up issues, but for the most part I worked from 7-3:30 everyday. The only thing I brought home were stories.

These last two years have been so different for me; even when you don't have assignments you know you will. The weird hours that classes are scheduled and the deadlines took some real getting used to. I now feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I've gotten four B's--two in four hour science classes, one in Comp 2--don't get me started and finally one in Algebra. I don't count that one because my health was precarious at best. That said even if I get four A's I'll not be able to raise my grade point average above it's current status. And you know what? I don't care. I did at the outset and I'm sure I amused some folks with that but now if I have a 3.7 or so I'm happy.

Tomorrow I will ride down to Key West with Jane--we're staying downtown which should prove very interesting. She'll be driving, I'll probably be talking.

Here's my windowsill in the kitchen with my darling snow globe in the sun. You probably didn't know how I love snow globes. That's the closest I've been to snow.

5 comments:

matt said...

hey, Mom, congratulations!!
I've been out the past couple of nights, so I haven't had a chance to phone, but this time next week I'll be there!

Have a super time on your trip, and I'll speak to you soon. xx

Gail Peck said...

Thank you to our man from London.

sarah said...

congratulations, gail--both on finishing and starting this great project.

Amaya said...

Hooray! I took a deep breath at the end of this post in collaboration with your achievement. Congratulations!

e said...

w00t w00t!!

A Week Ago Tuesday