Monday, December 10, 2007

Finals Week is Here


This picture tells a lot about my life at the moment. The phone is lying there on speaker, to the right is my Apple Care booklet with all the times I've had to call them written inside. This time it was a music disc for my class that would not eject. It's fine now, if it happens again I'll know what to do. My doodling is evident on the side paper. The other booklet opened is the liner notes on top of the boxed set of classical music cds for my class. As you know that has been an online class--the final is four pages of essays which I'll be working on later today and send along.

The last few days have been crazy busy but interesting.
Michelle on Friday. We did several clothing changes and locations. I think we got some good ones but we will try it again for better. As David says there are two people in the picture--the one being photographed and the photographer. Thus, both have to be comfortable with what they are doing.

Dinner out with Jane and Michael on Friday night. Super fun. They are building a house near Key West and Jane asked me to ride along and stay overnight while she meets with the building official. Because my film final is Wednesday night I wasn't sure I could manage it. My professor has consented to let me take it another time but to date I'm not sure when that will be. That means I have to prepare quickly. There is another thing to consider as well....Christmas is just around the corner and my gift buying is almost nil.

However, we did buy a tree on Saturday afternoon and it is a beauty. The lights and garland are complete, the ornaments only a few so far. It turns out I was just too tired to continue but I will. For a little change we moved the location of the tree in the living area. For all the previous eleven years it's been in the same spot! It is perfectly shaped and smells heavenly--I still love a real tree.

And of course the market yesterday. The weather here is still warm--over 80 degrees in the middle of the day. That sums up the sales climate as well--not hot, and not cold. It was good though as I always get to meet some very interesting people. One woman bought a turtle picture the previous Sunday and requested a larger version for this Sunday. Roger printed it, 4:00 was drawing near, no sign of the woman. Yeah, she arrived. She is a microbiologist who studies bottom dwellers in lakes to determine the water quality. Apparently they have a society of folks who do that very same thing; she wanted the picture as a raffle item for their meeting. She's hoping I'll have more in the future. I believe she called herself a balentologist, but don't quote me on that.

Bruce is leaving this evening until Thursday night--boohoo!

I guess I left out Lisa and Emily's race on Saturday morning. Those kinds of events are always fun for a spectator. It was even fun for Lisa and Emily most of the time.What always strikes me about those events is the variety of people entered--big, little, old, and young. I stationed myself at the finishing line and was able to get them crossing through with their time visible. It was called a Reindeer Run including a costume contest. There were some mighty clever outfits which I'll post later on. I'm so proud of them both.

Have I told you Matthew will be arriving next week to visit until the 26th? Yeah!

No comments:

A Low Level of Anxiety