Monday, November 5, 2007

Standard Time


The clock does not even say 9 yet I'm tired. I'm planning on hanging in there until at least 9 anyway. Bruce has had to leave again so it's just me and my Baxter. Because we finally have the windows open (you can shout for joy with me at this point if you like) we can now hear the outside world again. It's really extraordinary how even a quiet neighborhood has sounds that go unnoticed when we are sealed in our air-conditioned worlds. For one thing we can now hear the trains at night. I love the sound. Although they are on the other side of Orange Avenue I think the sound carries across the lake to us. I remember the first night we lived here and heard it--we knew it was good.
As well there are birds everywhere again. They like the cooler weather too. I want you to know that the cardinals are back. Yesterday afternoon the male was right outside the office window. Last night when we were already in bed we heard an owl. Baxter heard it too and ran out to the living room barking. It was really sort of comical. When I was walking him late this afternoon a neighbor woman told me that she had seen it and it was huge--more than a foot tall. Actually she told me that approximately eight times. It could have been more but I lost count. Do you ever do that? Say the same thing repeatedly? I hope if I do someone will be kind enough to stop me.

Some yeah items:

No regular market yesterday as the park was taken over with a huge festival--good to have the day off.

The Seminoles won on Saturday night--fantastic!

I got to hang out with Bruce on Saturday. We did a few errands and to his office. Baxter came along at Bruce's insistence. I may have mentioned a time or two that Baxter is very lovable--well, I had gone to get something; when I came down the hall. one of Bruce's colleagues was laying on the floor rubbing our little dog. He's simply irresistible.

Did I tell you the speech, and cupcakes went over well? The students were amazed at how tasty they were. I went over in time a bit, but otherwise it was good. There was drama associated with the class, but I was merely an observer.

The weather was super today for the little market. Seven prints went to Boston, Virginia, and New Jersey. I am happy for the group that are visiting Orlando this week because we finally have our version of fall.

Before I forget--I took this picture at the barn that houses our sheriff's department horses. I was around the corrals and the caretaker invited me in. It is on my way to many places, so I stop when I've got the picture taking bug--wait a minute--I've got that every day. If you've got a moment look at it big--you see the horse knows I'm there leaning in taking this and he's got his head turned. I love the afternoon light myself. What a ponytail.

No comments:

A Week Ago Tuesday