Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tangerine Dreams



I decided to turn my tangerine purchase into juice. Can you believe how many seeds there are in these babies? I didn't know before I started cutting them that they were chock full--it would have been a pain eating them out of hand with so many seeds. The juice is delicious and so pretty--a very deep orange color.

Yesterday's doctor visit was interesting to say the least. Bruce arrived a few minutes before me. I proceeded to check in and the wait began. Now, contrary to most doctors, Dr. Everett usually runs very close to on time--at least until he gets a patient like me. At any rate, that was not the case yesterday. My appointment was for 2:00; we did not go back until 3, with him coming in the room at 3:20. However, once he was there, he was very attentive, listening to both Bruce and me. We are back on the track of the autonomic nervous system. I'm going to have another couple MRI's soon to look for any changes in my trunk. In fact I just got off the phone with the MRI tech from the hospital asking if she'll fit me in. As is always the case, I broke down in tears, but, only briefly.

Another poor showing yesterday at my reliable market. No need to re-order this week! I think I may have mentioned that I talked one of the other downtown vendors into coming out there with her beautiful jewelry and stained glass. Because we had so few customers we got to chit chat. I was terribly saddened to learn that she lost one of her children. He died in an accident when he was 16. I've always thought that losing a child must be one of the most devastating things a person can survive. A baby would be hard to lose, but the thought of a child that you have nurtured, and has been an important part of your life for so many years is too horrible to contemplate. Somehow after a year of hibernating she began living again.

I've written my thank you note to the curator for the opportunity to be an intern. I'd not read the intern manual, so had no clue I needed to, but my professor that advises me reminded me it is part of my grade. For some reason this seems backward to me. You would think they would be thanking me for spending my tuition money, and time, to help them keep the doors open. Seriously, they use volunteers to man the gallery admissions desk--there are not enough to fill all the hours. Nevertheless, it is ready for delivery.

Bruce is gone again until Friday afternoon; I woke up at 5:20 this morning to find his side of the bed empty. I never even budged while he was getting ready. Speaking of Mr. Bruce, he is a bit of a curmudgeon in the weeks leading up to Christmas. He has no interest in decorations etc. What I must tell you is that the closer it gets, the more interest he takes. He always buys me wonderful gifts which I hardly know I need, or want, until he gives them. A case in point is a digital camera. For several years he kept saying he was sure I would love one. The problem was that I could hardly see the screen on his, fumbling with it when I tried. This last Christmas he decided he would get me one whether I wanted one or not. Well, you see what has happened with that gift. Two hours of battery charge and I was on my way!

2 comments:

Amaya said...

I absolutely love that Bruce went to the doctor with you. This has to be so hard for him - watching from the sidelines without any way to make it better.
I look forward to hearing what he has in store for you this Christmas!

e said...

The tangerines look delicious!

Good luck with this new round of MRI's!

Back at the Homestead