Friday, November 2, 2007

Mini Cupcakes


Matt won't do my homework for me, but Michelle will! You see, I sent Matt an e-mail asking if he would do my outline for the speech for me. I hate to do outlines--really I know what I'm going to say, so why put it down in an outline? It is required however, as are note cards. Matt was kind enough to send the template to me, but declined to do the actual work. Not so Michelle.

I called her looking for a plastic tray to take the cupcakes to school. Eureka--I could practice my speech on her! As it turned out, I was way too wordy (imagine that), going over my time by lots. She helped me edit it down with suggestions of what I could leave out. Now, I want you to know that I had done the outline myself, albeit not that great. Again, it was too wordy, so she parsed it down, we got a new one printed up, and I'm get to go. She insisted on the note cards (as does my professor). We wrote them in big letters with a Sharpie to keep me on track. You see the cute little cupcakes before you. I made them yesterday morning around 6:30; this recipe seems to taste better after a day. I just wish it would get here, and I could get it over with. When I signed up for speech I didn't know that Bruce would be out of town so much. It is much easier to practice with an audience than just mumbling to myself as I walk Mr. Baxter. Matthew suggested I be breezy, so I will strive for breezy.

Aha, it seems as if the rain may finally be gone for a few days. Hallelujah! It is supposed to get down to 60 tonight which is very much welcome around these parts.

I spent a considerable amount of time doing school work yesterday. Reading criticisms on Breathless, speech writing, quiz on music in the Renaissance, and lecture on the Baroque period.

I'm extremely happy to report that our Mr. Bill is doing great at Wachovia. It seems as if he had the best month of a rookie ever in Central Florida. Now that says a lot about hard work--he learned it from his dad.

I forgot to mention that I saw my first super-sized Christmas tree on Monday. I was driving to the little market when I passed Dixie Stampede. It is a Dolly Parton attraction and show. Facing the interstate is a tree that I'm guessing is about 50' tall--I was dumbfounded. Could there be a tree before Halloween? From my blog and pictures you would be hard pressed to know that Orlando is one of the top vacation destinations in the world. We've definitely got something for most everyone.

Happy day--Bruce finally gets home this evening.

1 comment:

Mrs Uyopong said...

Ooooh I am hungry now....you are one Wonderwoman Gail.

A Week Ago Tuesday